Click to listen to a Hermit Thrush while you visit this page.
Recorded in the Rockies by Neville Recording , June 2014
- To find a Nature Viewing Site, click on Find a BC Nature Site
- Click on one of the ten regions listed from the drop-down menu or click on Find a BC Nature Site
- The interactive maps allow you to zoom in for map markers for individual nature sites or zoom out for context.
- Blue cluster icons indicate clusters of sites. Zoom in to reveal the individual map markers by clicking on the blue cluster icon, or roll the wheel on your mouse, or click + on the map.
- Use your mouse to click & drag (i.e. pan) around the map
- Hover your mouse over a map marker to see the name of the nature site. Click on a map marker for a popup window with more detail.
- Use your mouse to click & drag (i.e. pan) around the map as needed to display the desired information.
- Within the popup window, click on the Click here for details link for more information. This will open a new tab in your browser with a page of nature viewing information for this nature site.
- Within the popup window, you may get directions to the main access point or trailhead of the nature site by entering your location in the space provided. This will open a new tab in your browser showing a Google map with directions to the nature site.
- Explore the links on the nature site page for information on nature clubs, other sites, brochures, and more information.
- You can focus your search on the type of site that most interests you by choosing from the following map marker icons.